Kindergarten Registration Dates
Kindergarten registration for the District will begin in March. A child must be five years old on or before September 15, 2017 and show proof of vaccination to register for kindergarten. Iowa Immunization Law requires a child to have received the following vaccines to enroll in school: Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis, Polio, Measles/Rubella, Hepatitis B and Varicella. Click here for a complete list of requirements for kindergarten registration.
The District offers a richly diverse and warmly accepting group of students and faculty and staff. By blending a solid-core curriculum and caring staff, our all day kindergarten program provides students with excellent opportunities for learning and growth. Parents are asked to call the school their child will be attending for more information about kindergarten registration, or they can call the District Elementary Education Office at 279-6677.
- Bryant Elementary School at 1114 W. 27th Street on March 31. The phone number is 279-6819.
- Clark Early Childhood Center at 4315 Hamilton Boulevard on April 4. The phone number is 239-7030.
- Hunt Arts Plus Elementary School at 615 20th Street on April 6. The phone number is 279-6833.
- Irving Dual Language Elementary School at 901 Floyd Boulevard on May 4 & 5. The phone number is 279-6834.
- Leeds Elementary School at 3919 Jefferson Street on April 25 & 26. The phone number is 239-7033.
- Liberty Elementary School at 1623 Rebecca Street on April 11 & 12. The phone number is 279-6845.
- Loess Hills Computer Programming Elementary School at 1717 Casselman Street on April 20 & 21. The phone number is 279-6843.
- Morningside STEM Elementary at 3601 Bushnell Avenue on April 18 & 19. The phone number is 274-4048
- Nodland Elementary School at 5000 Mayhew Avenue on April 25. The phone number is 274-4044.
- Riverside Elementary School at 2303 Riverside Boulevard on May 2. The phone number is 279-6811.
- Spalding Park Environmental Sciences Elementary School at 4101 Stone Avenue on March 29 & 30. The phone number is 274-4043.
- Unity Elementary School at 1901 Unity Avenue on May 3. Their phone number is 279-6839.
- English as a Second Language program at 627 4th Street on May 12. The phone number is 279-6645.