This webpage provides an overview of what your child will learn about Family and Consumer Science (FACS) in high school. The FACS learning outcomes focus on key concepts in relationships, responsibilities, and nutrition.
When your child arrives at high school, they will continue to learn the essential skills needed to think creatively on real-world projects, work as a team, and professionally preset completed projects.
Examples of Your Child’s Work at School:
- Integrate multiple life roles and responsibilities in family, work, and community settings.
- Evaluate management practices related to human, economic, and environmental resources.
- Evaluate the significance of family and its effects on the well-being of individuals and society.
- Synthesize knowledge, skills, and practices required for careers in family and community services.
- Analyze factors that influence human health, growth, and development.
- Demonstrate respectful and caring relationships in the family, workplace, and community.
- Demonstrate nutrition and wellness practices that enhance individual and family well-being.
- Evaluate the impact of parenting roles and responsibilities on strengthening the well-being of individuals and families.
- Integrate knowledge, skills, and practices required for a variety of careers.