Computer science arms you with the skills to create the most cutting-edge next-gen phones, apps and digital technology. Are you ready to be an innovator?
Whether building apps to meet client needs or exploring cybersecurity, computer science engages students in interdisciplinary activities. Students in this pathway will build knowledge and expertise in computer science, while also developing essential skills such as problem solving, critical and creative thinking, communication, collaboration, and perseverance.
- Develop comfort with using visual, block-based programming which transitions to text-based programming to create apps & websites
- Develop programming expertise & workings of the internet.
- Develop computational thinking skills for mobile platforms
- Raise knowledge and commitment to ethical computing behavior
View the High School Course Guide for an in-depth look at the courses outlined below.
High School Credits:
- Year 1: 900J Computer Science Essentials – PLTW (2)
- Year 2: 9418 AP Computer Science Principles – PLTW (2)
- Year 3: 9419 AP Computer Science A – PLTW (2)
- Year 4: 900K Cybersecurity – lPLTW (2)
Total College Credits:
AP credit based on AP score
Annual National Average Salary for Mid-Career in Computer Science: $110,100
- Applications Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Operating System Designer
- Business Analyst
- Software Applications
- Software Design
- Systems Analyst
- Data Modeler
- Applications Engineer
- Project Lead
- Program Manager
- Specialist Computer Engineer
- Software Applications Tester
- Engineer Systems Administrator
- Test Engineer
- Operating Systems Engineer