Do you have a knack for aesthetics, notice finer details, and love to learn new things? Are you able to connect with people through your compelling designs? If so, kickstart your creative career and become a graphic designer!
Students will gain knowledge, develop skills, and build a portfolio needed for employment as a designer. This program involves the use of specialized software combined with creativity, design and problem solving skills to create visual communication.
Employment of graphic designers is expected to grow and demand for graphic design by advertisers, publishers, and computer design firms continues to increase.
- Use Adobe Photoshop to manipulate digital images to improve quality, focus of audience, and clarity of concept
- Generate artwork that has the correct resolution and format for a variety of media
- Prepare artwork to be displayed in a design portfolio
- Create artwork and designs that demonstrate a market’s preference to color
- Resample artwork for the best quality graphic
View the High School Course Guide for an in-depth look at the courses outlined below.
High School Credits:
- B019 Business 101 (2)
- B620 Digital Imaging (1)
- B615 Vector Drawing (1)
- B621 Digital Imaging II (1)
- B622 Social Media Explored (1)
Total College Credits:
Annual National Average Salary for Entry Level Graphic Designer: $47,600
- Graphic Designer
- Digital Artist
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Specialist
- Creative Director
- Brand Specialist