What does it take to reinvent the way mobile technology is used? Do you have what it takes to find out? If so, kick start your creative career and become a mobile app developer!
Students will gain knowledge and skills to start a portfolio needed for college and employment opportunities. Classes in this pathway prepare students to become a mobile game developer or app developer. While the demand for mobile game and app designs continues to increase, employment opportunities in this field are booming.
- Gain knowledge of Swift Language used to create iOS apps
- Design, create, and debug programs using the Swift Language
- Create a device composed of a Swift Server on a Raspberry Pi to monitor an electronic circuit
- Recognize what makes a good user interface.
- Understand the techniques used to create the look and interactions of a user interface
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize the fundamentals of two-dimensional design, three dimensional design and composition, design problem solving, spatial orientation, and the organization of principles of design such as texture, line, shape, value, mass, and color theory
- Understand topics such as game physics, game AI, Core Audio, 2D, 2.5D and 3D animation with 3D audio, Bluetooth technologies, and head-to-head network gaming
View the High School Course Guide for an in-depth look at the courses outlined below.
High School Credits:
- 9GG0A Swift & The Internet of Things (2)
- 9GG1A UI / UX Design (2)
- 9GG3B Digital Art & 3D Design (2)
- 9GG2B Game Programming
Total College Credits:
Annual National Average Salary for Entry Level App Developer: $62,800
- Applications Developer
- Mobile Game Developer
- Project Manager
- Mobile Applications Developer
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- Software Developer