Make a Difference in our Community
Working as a substitute for the SCCSD allows you to choose your own schedule, have weekends and evenings off, and an opportunity to make a difference in your community. We offer substitute positions in several teaching and non-teaching fields including bus drivers and assistants, food service staff, building service technicians, operations and maintenance, secretarial, and instructional assistants.
What are the advantages?
- Work for one of the largest districts in the state.
- Make a difference in student’s lives every day.
- Optimal part-time hours for stay-at-home parents or retirees.
- Create a network with principals, teachers, non-certified staff, etc.
To view our current substitute vacancies, choose one of the following:
- Substitute Instructional Assistant
- Substitute Nurse
- Substitute Teacher
- Substitute Food Service
- Substitute Bus Drivers and Bus Assistants
- Substitute Building Services Technician
- Substitute Operations and Maintenance
- Substitute Secretarial
How to Apply
- Click External Applicant in the menu.
- View the vacancies listed by category on the left.
- Begin an application by clicking “Start an Application for Employment.”
- Within the application on the Vacancy Desired page (4), check the substitute teacher box and any other positions of interest.
- Once your application is complete (including resume, letter of introduction, and references), finish, and Submit.
To receive email alerts for new job postings, create an account with any of the following:
To be considered for new vacancies, log back into your application and check the box next to new vacancies of interest, finish, and Submit.
For additional information please contact: