Rules of Engagement for Social Media
The Sioux City Community School District is committed to open communication with our parents and community. The District designed its Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages to give important information regarding the District. Please remember that the mission of the District is the education of our students. Because we are all role models for our students, we ask all users to engage in open and respectful dialogue.
The District reserves the right to delete comments that contain:
- Inappropriate remarks, or profanity
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group
- Sexually provocative or flirtatious dialogue
- Postings that promote illicit, illegal, or unethical activity
- Postings that communicate confidential information
- To help us accomplish the goal of respectful dialogue, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
- Personal issues. Do not circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns. Comments regarding a personal issue with the District, a school, or staff member will be removed.
- Be factual. Blatantly inaccurate or false information will be removed.
- Stay on topic. This is a page dedicated to the education of students in the Sioux City Community School District. Comments of all kinds are welcome as long as they directly relate to our District.
- Do not post questions for a specific employee. Contact the employee directly.
- Please be certain that your comments are appropriate for an educational environment and fans of all ages. Abuse of the above guidelines can lead to the removal of a specific posting or being blocked from the page.
- District Social Media
- Elementary School Social Media
- Middle School Social Media
- High School Social Media
- VIBE Academy Social Media
Facebook Twitter Icons | Designed by Vexels