Purpose and Functions
The food service department is dedicated to providing nutritious meals for students and promoting healthy living throughout the Sioux City Community School District. Food service takes great pride in providing nutritional breakfasts, lunches, and summer meals in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
Food service administers, oversees, and/or offers the following:
- Free and reduced-price meal application processing
- Assistance for parents with children with special dietary needs
- Maintenance and repair of food service equipment
- Catering functions upon request
- Nutrition education items upon request