Purpose and Functions
The food service department is dedicated to providing nutritious meals for students and promoting healthy living throughout the Sioux City Community School District. Food service takes great pride in providing nutritional breakfasts, lunches, and summer meals in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
Food service administers, oversees, and/or offers the following:
- Free and reduced-price meal application processing
- Assistance for parents with children with special dietary needs
- Maintenance and repair of food service equipment
- Catering functions upon request
- Nutrition education items upon request
The Sioux City Community School District is committed to the optimal development of every student. Information on wellness-related policies is available on the District website. The public may also request information on the District’s progress toward its wellness goals by contacting the food service department at 712-279-6860.