Goal Area 5
Strengthen School, Family and Community Engagement
A. Support proactive and transparent communication with all stakeholders to foster trust and collaboration.
- Develop comprehensive Crisis Prevention and Response Plans that inform parents of situations at their children’s schools and communicates steps for timely dissemination of information.
- Utilize communication methods that meet the needs of parents.
- Expand the District’s digital footprint to increase communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop dashboards for parents and the community that communicate key data to enhance awareness of district initiatives and opportunities.
- Increase stakeholder awareness of district initiatives, activities, and programs by increasing the volume of district and school-generated stories by 10 percent over the previous school year in order to strengthen the public’s perception of SCCSD.
B. Build partnerships among students, families, staff, labor partners and the community to support academic success.
- Volunteers and partnerships will be intentionally deployed to fill resource or expertise gaps.
- Partnerships will be pursued to provide high-quality learning opportunities outside of the core system in order to meet diverse student needs and to prepare students to be college and/or career ready.
- Provide training for parents to ensure parents are aware of initiatives, can support their child in learning, and understand the opportunities the district can provide to students.
- Leverage relationships with media outlets to ensure public awareness of district initiatives, successes, needs and opportunities.