Goal Area 4: Practice Effective, Efficient and Sustainable Business Practices
A. Protect the District’s financial solvency
- Make budget adjustments to align expenditures to available revenues and Unspent Balance.
- Align funding to Focus 2022 Strategic Plan goal areas.
- Seek funding opportunities through grants that will increase miscellaneous fund.
- Reduce Workers’ Compensation costs.
- Contain healthcare costs.
B. Streamline and improve business operations
- Increase use of Open Source resources.
- Improve inventory practices.
C. Promote efficiency and long-term sustainability
- Increase resource optimization.
- Improve transportation efficiencies.
- Continue to incorporate Energy Management practices throughout the District.
D. Advocate on behalf of the District for increased funding
- Increase training for key personnel, including board members, on effective lobbying and advocacy techniques.
- Increase stakeholder awareness of District’s need for equitable funding.
- Increase legislators’ awareness of the District’s need for equitable funding, extension of sales tax and setting supplemental state aid amount in a timely manner.
- Increase legislators’ awareness of the District’s need for adequate funding for high need populations.