Free Summer Meal Program for Children – Open Sites
The Sioux City Community School District is once again participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Beginning June 3, 2019 thru July 26, 2019, meals are available Monday -Friday for all children ages 1-18 years without charge. Acceptance and participation requirements for the program and all activities are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. All locations will be closed on July 4. All Breakfast serving times are 7:30 -8:45 a.m. and lunch serving times are 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
Thank you to the support of Tyson Foods for helping to make the lunch service available on the mobile food busses.
- Hunt Elementary School at 1114 W. 27th serving lunch only.
- Loess Hills Elementary School at 1717 Cassleman St. serving breakfast and lunch.
- Irving Dual Language Elementary School at 901 Floyd Blvd. serving breakfast and lunch.
- Leeds Elementary School at 3919 Jefferson St. serving breakfast and lunch. June 3, thru Aug 2nd
- Liberty Elementary School at 1623 Rebecca St. serving breakfast and lunch. June 3, thru Aug 2nd
- Morningside STEM Elem at 3601 Bushnell Ave. serving breakfast and lunch. June 3, thru Aug 2nd
- Spalding Park Environmental Sciences Elem at 4101 Stone Ave. serving breakfast and lunch.
- West High School June 4th thru June 28th. 2001 Cassleman St. serving breakfast and lunch.
- Boys & Girls Home at 2101 Court St. serving lunch only.
- Glendale Baptist Church at 1600 Glendale Blvd. serving lunch only.
- #1 (mobile food bus) June 3rd thru Aug 9th
- Leeds Splash Pad at 3810 41st St serving lunch only 10:30-11:15 am (mobile food bus)
- Dale Street Park at 913 15th St serving lunch only 11:30-12:15 pm (mobile food bus)
- Rosehill Park at 1405 Grandview serving lunch only 12:30-1:00 pm (mobile food bus)
- #2 (mobile food bus) June 3rd thru Aug 9th
- Children’s Launch Pad at 623 Pearl St. serving lunch only. 10:30-11:15a.m. ( food bus)
- Cone Park Splash Pad at 3800 Line Drive serving lunch only 11:45am-12:30 (food bus)
- Verizon Camp at WiTT serving lunch only 12:45pm-1:15pm. M-Thur (mobile food bus) closed enrolled site only
- June 10 thru June 28..Monday thru Thursday
- Luke Lutheran Church at 2039 S. St. Aubin St. serving lunch only.
- Trimble United Methodist Church at 1424 27th serving lunch only.
- Midtown Family Center 525 14th open June 3 thru Aug 9, 2019 serving lunch and snack. Snack served at 3:00-3:30p.m.
- Martin’s Evergreen Trailer Park 5309 Hwy 75N serving breakfast and lunch.
- Miracle Park Splash Pad 100 Riverside Blvd. serving lunch only.
- Hop-A-Lot fun center at So Hills Mall(Younkers bldg.) serving lunch only.
- East middle 5401 Lorainne June 3 thru June 28th serving breakfast and lunch.
- West middle 3301 w 19th June 3 thru June 28th serving breakfast and lunch
- North middle 2101 outer belt drive June 3 thru June 28th serving breakfast and lunch
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
https://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Iowa Non-Discrimination Statement:
“It is the policy of this CNP provider not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or religion in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.6, 216.7, and 216.9. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by this CNP Provider, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office building, 400 E. 14th St. Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; website: https://icrc.iowa.gov/.