SCCSD Free Meal Program for Children Ages 1-18: Open Sites in Response to COVID-19 School Closure
The Sioux City Community School District is participating in the Emergency COVID 19 Food Service Program to feed the youth in our community while schools are closed due to the pandemic. Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020, meals are available Monday–Friday at over 20 locations.
Meals are free for all children ages 1-18 years. Participation requirements for the program and all activities are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Each child present, ages 1-18, will receive a breakfast sack and a lunch sack to be taken off-site for consumption. All meals that are served hot must be eaten within one hour or placed under refrigeration and stored safely immediately.
Serving Sites and Schedule:
- Bryant Elementary School at 3040 Jones St. serving 10:45-11:45.
- Irving Dual Language Elementary School at 901 Floyd Blvd. serving 11:30-12:30.
- East Middle School at 5401 Lorraine Ave. serving 10:45-12:30.
- Loess Hills Elementary School at 1717 Cassleman St. serving 10:45-11:45.
- West High School at 2001 Cassleman St. serving 11:30-12:30.
- West Middle School at 3301 W. 19th serving 10:45-11:45.
- Riverside Elementary School at 2303 Riverside Blvd. serving 11:30-12:30.
- Liberty Elementary School at 1623 Rebecca St. serving 10:45-11:45.
- Hunt @ A+ Arts Elementary School at 1114 W. 27th serving 11:30-12:30.
- Leeds Elementary School at 3919 Jefferson St. serving 10:30 -11:25.
- North Middle School at 2101 Outer Drive N. serving 11:30-12:10.
- North High School at 4200 Cheyenne Blvd. serving 12:15-1:00.
- Unity Elementary School at 1901 Unity Ave. serving 10:30-11:20.
- Spalding Park Environmental Sciences Elementary School at 4101 Stone Ave. serving 11:30-12:10.
- Morningside STEM Elementary School at 3601 Bushnell Ave. serving 12:15-1:00.
- Regency of Sioux City Mobile Homes at 4101 E. Gordon Dr. serving 10:30-11:20.
- Regency (Gibson) Apts. at 2201 Gibson St. serving 11:30-12:30.
- Old Mc Kinley School at 200 Paxton St. serving 10:30-11:20.
- Hunt A+ Arts Elementary School new building site at 615 20th serving 11:30-12:30.
- Evergreen Village at 5309 Hwy75 N. serving 10:30-11:30.
- Lake Forest Mobile Home Community at 3700 28th serving 11:30-12:30.
- Hillside Park Apts. at 2800 W 4th St. serving 10:30-11:20.
- Lyons Park at W 1st and John St. serving 11:30-12:30.
- Crittenton’s Stella Sanford Child Development Center at 1724 Geneva St serving 10:45-11:45.
- Boys & Girls Home at 2101 Court St. serving 12:35-1:15.
- Cecelia Park at the corner of Morningside Ave. and Indiana St. serving 12:35-1:15.
- Morningside Country Estates at 1331 S. Maple St. serving 12:35-1:15.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Iowa Non-Discrimination Statement:
“It is the policy of this CNP provider not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or religion in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.6, 216.7, and 216.9. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by this CNP Provider, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office building, 400 E. 14th St. Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; website: https://icrc.iowa.gov/.”