Virtual Substitute Authorization Classes Available through AEA
What is the Substitute Authorization?
This 20-hour course is designed to meet the requirements for the Substitute Authorization Program. Eligible participants must be 21 years of age, and meet one of the following requirements:
- Completed 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university
- Earned an associates degree
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or higher
Holders of a career and technical authorization with at least one year of experience may serve as a substitute in any classroom (except driver education) as long as they hold the substitute authorization license.
The course includes components on ethics, diversity, instructional strategies, and behavior management.
Upcoming Virtual Classes
When you are Ready to Register
- Log into the AEA Professional Learning Registration site (use the same login information as you do for Bloodborne Pathogens, Mandatory Reporter, etc)
- If you do not have an account, create an account at AEA Learning Online. The next business day, log into our statewide AEA Professional Learning Registration site using the same email and password you used on the AEA Learning Online site.
- Once you are logged in, select the courses tab and type in the course or section number listed above or search for substitute authorization.
Fees apply. For questions regarding substitute authorization classes, please call the Sioux City Community School District HR Department at (712) 279-6692.