SCCSD registration for summer drivers education is full- consider joining the waitlist
Sioux City, Iowa –The Sioux City Community School District will offer drivers education this summer at all three district high schools.
The summer class will begin on Tuesday, May 31, and finish on Friday, July 1. Classroom or driving sessions will be held Monday through Fridays with driving lessons beginning as early as 7 am and ending by 5:30 pm. Students have the opportunity to select preferred driving sessions after they are enrolled in the course.
Registration for summer drivers education will begin on Monday, March 28 at 7 pm and stay open through Wednesday, April 13, or until all spots are filled. Spots are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Students will be placed on a waiting list when spots fill up. The cost for the class is $385. School fee waivers are accepted for a reduced price of $175 or free.)
To register, a student must meet the following guidelines:
- The student must be 14 years of age.
- The student must have a valid Iowa learner’s permit. (Spots will not be held or granted to any student not having a permit before registering.)
- A complete deposit for the class fee must be made to the high school the student is registering at it to be completely registered.
Students should register at the location of their choice, beginning Monday, March 28:
How To Join The Waitlist
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Parent’s full name (first, middle, last)
- Parent’s phone number
- Home mailing address, including zip code
- Student’s full name and personal email address
- Student’s phone number
- Student’s age, grade, birth date, and school ID number
- Student’s driver’s license number from permit
- Photo of permit
- Please include which school’s waitlist you would like to be on
For questions or more information, contact John Torno, Driver Education Teacher, at 712-239-7000 ext. 3511.