Sioux City Community High Schools To Hold Graduation Ceremonies May 25
Each Sioux City Community School District high school will hold a graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 25 at the Tyson Events Center. North High School will hold the ceremony at 11 am. West High School will hold the ceremony at 2:30 pm. East High School will hold the ceremony at 6 pm. The doors open to the public one hour before each ceremony.
During each ceremony, a professional photographer will take a portrait photo of each graduate, which will be available for graduates and families to purchase. Following each ceremony, a recessional will be held to guide patrons to an appropriate location for family and friends to gather and capture memorable photos.
Now that the Tyson Events Center is secured with metal detectors, all patrons of the graduation ceremonies will be required to pass through the detectors upon entry into the event. In accordance with Tyson Events Center guidelines, and out of respect to all graduates and patrons, the following items will not be permitted:
- Silly string
- Air horns
- Large bags / backpacks, coolers or boxes
- Bottles, cans, glass containers, liquid containers or other projectiles
- Any food product, coolers or backpacks
- Laser devices
- Skates, skateboards, Heelies or scooters
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Tobacco of any kind
- Animals, other than service animals
- Any item or action deemed to challenge public safety
- No Weapons of any kind, including Lawful Concealable Firearms
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by Tyson Events Center Management or the Event Producer
This year, nearly 900 graduates will be recognized during the three ceremonies. Names of graduates and ceremony awards will be made available in the coming days.