The Sioux City Community School District uses Canvas as its web-based student information system for students in grades 6-12. The service allows students and parents/guardians to access academic information.
Any parent/guardian with a child enrolled in the Sioux City Community School District (grades 6-12) will be given an account to access information for the student(s) the parent holds legal guardianship of. Each parent/guardian will have a unique account.
Information is available to students and parents within the portal:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course grades
- Set grade alerts
- View course announcements
Canvas Commonly Asked Questions
Is there a mobile app to access Canvas on the go?
Yes, Canvas App is available for download for your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Android devices:
- Launch the Campus App, select Settings, choose “Sioux City Community School DIstrict” for the district, and “Iowa” for the state.
- Sioux City School’s Canvas URL (needed for app): sccsd.instructure.com
- Enter your Campus Portal Username and Password.
- Select “Log In / Sign In”
Forgot your username/password? Additional Questions?
Please contact your child’s school administration office.