Students will be promoted to the next grade level at the end of each school year based on the student’s achievement, age, maturity, emotional stability, and social adjustment.
The District shall adhere to the following:
- Retention/Promotion in Kindergarten Through Eighth Grade: The retention of a student will be determined based upon the judgment of the licensed employee and the building administrator. When it becomes evident a student in grades kindergarten through eight may be retained in a grade level for an additional year, the parents will be informed. It is within the sole discretion of the District to retain students in their current grade level and to deny promotion to a student.
- Retention/Promotion in Ninth Through Twelfth Grade: Students in grades nine through twelve will be informed of the required coursework necessary to be promoted each year. When it becomes evident a student in these grades will be unable to meet the minimum credit requirements for the year, the student and parents will be informed. It is within the sole discretion of the District to retain students in their current grade level and to deny promotion to a student.
- High school students will be promoted to the next grade based on the number of credits earned:
- ** Grade 9 – 0-9 credits
- **Grade 10 – 9.1-20 credits
- **Grade 11 – 20.1-29 credits
- **Grade 12 – 29.1-44 credits
- Acceleration in Kindergarten Through Twelfth Grade: Students in grades kindergarten through twelve with exceptional talents may, with the permission of the building administrators and parents, take classes beyond their current grade level. Enrichment opportunities outside the District may be allowed when they do not conflict with the school district graduation requirements.