The transportation department strives to help students arrive at their destination safely, efficiently, and in a frame of mind ready to learn.
Elementary and middle school students who live over two miles and high school students living over three miles from their assigned boundary school are eligible for bus transportation. Parents whose students attend schools other than their assigned boundary school are responsible for providing their own transportation.
- Parents may request paid bussing. This is offered when spaces are available on an existing route.
- Processing of paid busing requests will begin after the first two weeks of school to allow Transportation staff to process all busing requests of students living outside of the 2- and 3-mile boundaries of their assigned school.
- Parents must use their home address for the application. A babysitter or address other than the student’s home address will not be allowed.
- Any child who rides the bus to school will be expected to ride the same bus home at the close of school unless the school is informed in writing or by telephone by the parent or guardian of other arrangements. In the event of temporary changes in bus plans, the parents should keep the school informed.
- Children who ride the bus are not allowed to take other children home on the bus with them.