District Mission: The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence, and succeed in reaching their potential.
Facilitator: Dr. Paul Gausman
Secretary: Patty Pageler
The Sales Tax Finance Oversight Committee (STFOC) met on Monday, January 27, 2020 in the Educational Service Center Board Room. Copies of the Agenda, Sales Tax Finance Oversight Committee Minutes for December 16, 2019 and the financial summary for December of 2019 were available for distribution.
Committee Members Present: Dr. Paul Gausman, Patty Blankenship, Patty Pageler, Brian
Fahrendholz, Suzan Stewart, Dan Lauer, Paul Treft and Grant Haight
Call to Order: Dr. Paul Gausman called the meeting to order at 8:00 a.m.
Audit of Cash Disbursements
The audit of cash disbursements for November of 2019 was reviewed by William Prescott and found to be in good order. The audit of cash disbursements for December of 2019 was reviewed by Daniel Lauer and found to be in good order.
The December 2019 financial summary was reviewed.
Construction Update: Brian Fahrendholz
- The Riverside Elementary A/C project bids will be opened on January 27, 2020. The District is considering using a purchasing contract to buy the units for the A/C. This would make the units available six weeks early ensuring availability for the start date of the project. This is Phase II of the Riverside/Sunnyside HVAC project. The Sunnyside portion of the project has been completed.
- Roof repair from hail damage will continue. The funding source is proceeds from the insurance claim.
- Annual roof repairs will be starting in the spring. The engineer’s estimate is $475,000.
Other Items for the Good of the Order: Dr. Paul Gausman
- Kari Treinen will be moving from the area and will not be joining the Finance Oversight Committee.
- The District is requesting recommendations to add new/additional members to the Finance Oversight Committee.
- Dr. Gausman indicated that a 2.5% SSA for the FY21 school year has been discussed by the legislature.